Back by huge request, Jacqueline Jax is back with a live feed of her most popular shows including Hot Topic Tuesday, Branding and Marketing Tips for Success and Fast Track To Music Marketing.
Be sure to tune in with her live each week day morning at 10am est to start your day out right. Grab a cup of coffee, listen in from your phone or computer and tweet your questions @JacquelineJax . If you miss the live show, catch the episodes on the replay or grab them on iTunes to listen in later.
Listen in Now:
Today’s Show: Improving Your Image:
The importance of using the right image on your website and across all social media platforms. Including how to select the right image, size, what should be on your banner or header, and where your images need to be.
1) What is a thumbnail? Essentially, a thumbnail is a smaller version of a larger, higher-quality image of your brand or self. Because this image is so small, It’s very important for you to use a cropped close up of your face, logo or brand image. Do not try to put a lot of lettering or calls to action on this tiny little thumbnail. It will just make it look cluttered when it shrinks down.
2) Thumbnails: an image of at least 180px by 180px. It’s displayed at 160px by 160px. Test it out, if the image is legible and looks clear at this size, then your on your way to doing it right. I use a little bit larger image 600 X 600 and I let the page scale it down. I do this so people who blow it up can see the image better and mainly because I keep them on file to send to publications or use them at the beginning of my blog articles to keep things looking cohesive.
3) Cohesive: This means that the look has to work together throughout all your pages. Remember people who don’t know you very well will not recognize you across every social media page and just in case there’s a carbon copy of you out there, keeping the image similar is important. I like to use the same image for everything I can. Even if I change it up, I change the image on all the platforms to match my web site so new people can easily recognize me on different platform pages. It helps with brand recognition.
4) Banners and facebook cover photos: To get the fastest load times for your Page, upload an sRGB JPG file that’s 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes. additionally I like to make a banner using the same picture or similar color concept so when people land on my main web site, they see something familiar there as well. It really does help in strengthening your brand and making it more memorable for all these thumbnails and banners to work well together if not be similar versions of the same picture. Additionally on your banner you should think about having your web site name, a message or short statement that tells us who you are and what you stand for and optional contact info depending on your brand or web site. Many companies and musicians use this space to promote their album, single or a new product they are selling. Take a look at some of your favorite musicians and brand pages and notice what they are doing for a great example.
5) Be Unique: elements like brilliant color, clear faces, fun images all work to help get peoples attention so brainstorm and really come up with something unique and authentically you.
Items I use to produce High quality images for my web pages and social media sites.
1) Canon EOS 50D 15.1 MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with 135mm lens $649.95 (Best deal here)
2) On the go pictures and podcast: Apple iPod touch 16GB Black/Silver (5th Generation) $187.95 :(Best buy here)
3) BetterPhoto Basics: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Taking Photos Like a Pro: (buy here)
4) Beginner’s Digital SLR Crash Course: Complete guide to mastering digital photography basics, understanding exposure, and taking better pictures. (Buy here)
5) Chromo Inc.® 160 LED CI-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera Light with colored filters $36.95 (buy here)
6) Ravelli APLT4 61-inch Light Weight Aluminum Tripod With Bag $21.69 (Buy now)
7) eForCity Tripod Phone Holder for iPod touch and iphone $5.54 (Buy here)
8) TimerCam – Self Timer Camera (free get here)
9) 7 Rules of Thumb for Taking Compelling Photos (helpful article)
10) 5 Awesome Apps to Make Your Instagrams Pop (helpful article)
As always the conversation continues right here with your comments and also on our social media pages so please leave me your insights and don’t forget to subscribe before you leave.
Social feeds: www.facebook.com/avaliveradio