Join host Jacqueline Jax with Chris Franz as they talk about the latest style trends. Topics Including: Dressing for your body type and lifestyle – How to know what trends to invest in- Making better wardrobe decisions on a budget- Spring Trends that will last more than one season.
Learn how to choose a Spring wardrobe that will last more than 1 season.Discover the secrets to selecting dresses for your body type.
Highlights: Jax Report Spring Style
1) Designer DYI: everyone loves a great DO it yourself project however be thoughtful with your project planning but there’s a great DIY like recreating that thousand dollar Pucci bag with some pretty beads and a hot glue gun and there’s walking around with a macaroni mess held together. Y paper clips. Not all DYIs are good. Keep them simple and look at some videos online before deciding on a project that’s for you.
2) Wearing Logos: if your going to become a walking advertisement for your favorite label, try to keep it to one piece of clothing at a time. There was a time when Jacqueline Kennedy never wore logo tees and thought they were to be saved for youthful rebellious teenagers but if you between the ages of 12-25 a logo tee is certainly appropriate to demonstrate your personal views. But other than for workout wear, still to classic looks that aren’t to wordy. Try to focus on fabric texture, colors and fit instead.
3) Focus on Luxury: there are some beautiful pieces this season that you won’t regret spending your luxury dollars on this season. A couple of my favorites are the leather bucket bag, a great pair of suede mules, chunky gold bracelet or necklace.
These styles won’t be trends that pass quickly and they are classic enough to pair them in unlimited ways as you move through seasons. Bag: Mansur Gavriel, $495 each; net-a-porter.
4) Speaking of Shoes: the low heeled pump is back and woman are enjoying this as a work shoe. When it comes to shoes, you can typically be true to yourself and your lifestyle. I personally have never had an issue buying any color, heel shape or style and not been able to make it work down the Lin, however I have a rather large inventory to choose from. So with that being said, if your looking to invest in shoes this season, I like the nude styles, a chunky heel on a colorful or cork shoes is a fun comfortable style, the ankle straps are great and a goddess sandal for the next few months is going to be fun to wear.
5) Board Shorts are those print surf shorts that end at the knee. It looks like a Hawaiian walking short to me. I personally wouldn’t invest in them because the trend is like a beach fad. I think that there’s nothing like all white shorts for the beach and a fresh stripe shirt or halter top in a solid color. You can even get fun with a Hawaiian print but I don’t see the board shorts being a fashion statement past the beach.
6) Tribal Trend: this trend is a little to heavy for me. The elements can be very over powering for smaller frames and just have so much going on. They can look very costume. Instead try to get your tribal fix with a bag or accessories like earrings or necklace. Even a touch on a tee shirt something that won’t be a huge investment because it’s going to look outdated and silly once it’s over. The farthest I would go in a purchase is perhaps a tunic to wear with jeans for around $100. Tunics can get away with carrying trends further into other seasons because they have a casual wear with jeans feel that doesn’t typically force a statement to far.
7) Piling on Jewels: right now the magazines are pilling on ear cuffs, arm bands, multi layers of bracelets, statement necklaces, statement earrings. Oh my gosh.. Hold on ..this is just a mess. More is not more. I would look and feel ridiculous wearing so much amour. A lady is a lady… Be reasonable and stick to one major statement piece at a time. Two max if they aren’t sitting close to each other and they don’t make you look like a Halloween costume version of yourself. I’m all for stunning jewelry but just don’t try to wear it all at once.
8) Guilded with rose gold Metallics: metallics can be great for evening but again less is more. Don’t go head to toe metallic. Choose one item. Shoes, a bag, a cuff, or a shirt then mix it with matte fabrics in classic shapes to keep it from being over powering. I like black slacks or jeans, a metallic sheer shirt to lighten up the heaviness and add one bracelet of the color. Then shoes and bag should be neutral matching the black slacks. Your look can be so messy and over done otherwise.
9) High Shine: high shiny fabrics are flying down the runways with a rain slick look in super bright shades. These trends won’t last long so don’t throw the luxury money at them, instead find pieces under $50 so you won’t kick yourself when your bored. We all like shiny things but clothing that shines wears out is appeal quickly and one the trend is gone people will look at you like your odd walking around in a bright yellow patent leather rain coat unless your a rock star. In which case, rock on you need the attention anyway. It could end up being your trademark.
10) Prints: prints are personal. Some people will be attracted to florals, others to geometrics. Colors are always appealing to the wearer and the viewers because they are so uplifting. But choosing the right sundresses can be tricky. I love fit and flare shapes for all my clients because they hide figure flaws and accent the best parts then work to smooth out the bumps.
For a peak at more looks from today’s show go to JaxCouture.com and if you’d like to explore some fresh spring top and dresses that won’t break your piggy bank, Blondibeachwear.com is the place to go for the cutest print dresses in shapes flattering for all figure types.
Links to know:
www.AVALiveRadio.com : Subscribe to the Main web site featuring our previous and latest shows
www.JaxCouture.com : Jacqueline Jax shares the latest trends and how to wear them.
www.BlondiBeach.com : Enjoying a jetset resort lifestyle with fashion, 10 minute workouts and beauty tips.
ENTER TO WIN OUR BLONDi BEACH BAG GIVEAWAY!